Free or Discounted Lifeline Cell Phone Eligibility in New Jersey:
You are eligible if you receive benefits from any of these programs in New Jersey:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor's Benefit.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
You may also qualify if your Total Household Income is at or under 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. See the handy chart below to check your income. Please note that we have seen conflicting numbers for Florida among the providers–some say 135% and some say 150%.
|Income Based Eligibility for New Jersey|
|Members in Household||Annual income|
|For each additional member add $5,832 annually|